Saturday, December 29, 2007

was Thomas Becket ready?

Any Way Saturday
. . . . .
On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Four Calling Birds
The Four Gospels: 1) Matthew, 2) Mark, 3) Luke, and 4) John, which proclaim the Good News of God's reconciliation of the world to Himself in Jesus Christ.

. . . . .

On August 10, 1961, Pope John XXIII wrote these words:

As for myself, I feel like St Martin, who 'neither feared to die, nor refused to live'. I must always hold myself ready to die, even a sudden death, and also to live as long as it pleases the Lord to leave me here below. Yes, always. At the beginning of my eightieth year I must hold myself ready: for death or life, for the one as for the other...

As we commemorate the life and feast day of St. Thomas Becket, we reflect on these thoughts.
. . . . .

No comments: