Tuesday, July 15, 2008

there, but for the grace of God, go I

Your Way Tuesday
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
a little late, i know ... but better than never
. . . . . . . . . .
Seeds of Sainthood:
Homily for 13 July, 15th Sunday, Cycle A
. . . . .

By Fr. Dennis of Vita Mea

When I was a little boy, 5 or 6 years old, my family lived across the street from a little girl who was about my age. And while I liked to climb the big magnolia tree in the front yard or play games that involved throwing something or running somewhere, Robin, the little girl across the street, wanted to play a game called “house.” As in she would tell me, “Let’s play house. You be the daddy and I’ll be the mommy.” Which basically involved her pretending to prepare some kind of meal in an Easy-Bake Oven and me pretending to eat and drink from a little tea set of some kind and disciplining some misbehaving teddy bears or something.

I did not care for that game, but it always came with the promise that we’d play football or hide-and-seek afterwards. I only fell for it a few times.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No comments: