Saturday, August 9, 2008

Aloha y'all

Any Way Saturday
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
into the deep blue of sub-orbital space
[well, not really - but why not imagine]
Waikiki, here we come
. . . . .
This is actually being written Friday evening from the lobby 'Business Center' of a hotel near the Indianapolis International Airport. We are checked in here for the night. A shuttle will take us to the airport early tomorrow [Saturday] morning. We'll be picked up around 6:45am, fly to Dallas to change planes, then go over the big waters to the little islands of Hawaii, and finally arrive at our room at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa around 10 - 11pm Saturday night - a loooooong day.
I D I D N O T bring my lap-top [not my idea] ... so I am at the mercy of my wife and the availability of computer internet services once we're there. I am looking forward to this 'honeymoon & anniversary trip'.
On our agenda includes: Pearl Harbor, the beach, a luau, the beach, visiting friends in Kailua, the beach, seeing some of the central island beauty via the over-the-top higways between Honolulu [southern shore] and Kailua [eastern shore], the beach, celebrating our actual anniversary on Wednesday the 13th, the beach, whatever providence throws our way, and the beach...
I'll try to check in periodically ... but if that doesn't happen much, we'll be back to IN on Friday afternoon.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
. . . . .
Don't let the Chinese fool you. This whole Olympics things can still be about the athletes if we don't make it political, too.

4 comments:

Melody K said...

Jim, awesome! I hope you and your wife have a great time. That is one of our goals; to make it to Hawaii one of these days. (You have certainly earned some fun, after this past week.) Hope you will post some pictures of the islands after you get back.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for a safe trip! Have a great time! I too would love to see pictures when you get back.

MJ

Therese said...

Sounds like a great trip. I hope it all goes well Jim.

Therese

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip you two lovebirds! Praying for you, will miss you, and can't wait to see photos when you come back!

Oh, and my uncle lives on Kailua...wave at him when you go by his house or see him at Mass! lol!