Monday, November 12, 2007

COMMENT on hospitality by Shiela

Your Way Monday
. . . . .
Sheila said...

I love this video clip - reminds me of the Catholic Worker spirit: he needs a place to stay, well OK, he can stay with us.

I think one way to be hospitable is to welcome people into shared work. This past spring I stayed at my sister's house for the week before her daughter's wedding and helped out any way I could. Of course I had a comfortable bed to sleep in and good food to eat while I was there, but what made me feel more welcome than anything - less like a guest, more like a part of the household - was being given errands to do, like early-morning runs to Wal-Mart, and about a dozen trips in between the house and the church.
. . . . .

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

See, see --- I KNEW you were a really nice guy!!

P.S. I need a housekeeper:)