Sunday, December 9, 2007

My Way Sunday
. . . . .
reflections on being a Christian man part 6

2 Cor 3:12, 17-18, 4:1-2 [NAB]
Chapter 3
12
Therefore, since we have such hope, we act very boldly...
17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
18
All of us, gazing with unveiled face on the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, as from the Lord who is the Spirit.
Chapter 4
1
Therefore, since we have this ministry through the mercy shown us, we are not discouraged.
2
Rather, we have renounced shameful, hidden things; not acting deceitfully or falsifying the word of God, but by the open declaration of the truth we commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God.
Christian is my calling, and as a Christian I am called to be fearless and confident. I have been given the freedom, in Christ's Spirit, to act boldly and with the same confidence as did Peter and the other disciples. I am to announce the gospel and speak the truth.

There is an account written by St. Luke in his Acts of the Apostles [Acts 4:7-13] that should be the example I follow in being bold and speaking the truth. I pray to God I can follow it.
. . . . .

No comments: