Sunday, December 2, 2007

be attitudes

My Way Sunday
. . . . .
reflections on being a Christian man, part 5

How do I get my attitude straightened out?

Do I sign-up for a class at the local Community College?

Do I go to the local public library and read twenty self-help books?

Do I go to the Bible and read the gospels?

How about this - read a specific part of a specific gospel. Read the first eleven verses of the 5th chapter of the gospel written by St. Matthew. [Mt 5:1-11] The passage is about the beatitudes.

As a Christian man, I need these attitudes. I need my life to be marked by poverty of spirit, detachment, generosity, mercy, meekness, purity of heart, seeking righteousness, making peace, etc.

Will it be easy? As easy as changing any other habit I have.

Will it be radical? Probably so ... and what is wrong with that?
. . . . .

No comments: