Tuesday, November 4, 2008

GO VOTE

even at 6am I had to wait in line

snaking congo lines
- care to dance?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The polling site for the precinct where I vote is in a large Presbyterian Church hall adjacent to the State University here in our fair city. I normally show up at 6am and get ballot # 3 or 4 or 5. This morning I got there at 7 minutes before 6am. When they 'opened' the door to announce that the "Polls are now open!", I made my way to sign-in and received ballot # 14. That is approximately 3 times the number I usually encounter when the doors open ... and in the span of that 7 minutes, the line grew to probably 40 or so.

Regardless of which candidate is elected, the beneficiary is the process we use to provide our country with leadership elected by the people. The people are out in droves. It is now lunch hour for many. I've driven by several voting sites. The lines are longer that I've ever seen them.

Here's to what helps make America great!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



No comments: